Jobs > Job detail
Position : Sub-editor/Copy Taster
Publish on Sep 16, 2017 | Viewed 30,604
- Reference Id: Bkp_0003753
- Company: Bangkok Post Public Company Limited
- Position name: Sub-editor/Copy Taster
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: Over 3 Yr(s)
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
Bangkok Post Public Company Limited is the publisher and distributor of the Bangkok Post – an English-language newspaper – and the Post Today – a Thai-language business daily – and Student Weekly – an English-language magazine for high school and college students. The company also has a commercial printing operation that offers general printing services for the company and its subsidiaries as well as outside customers. The company's news and information businesses in the last few years have been expanded to include electronic and digital media. In 2007, the company expanded its multimedia presence with the launch of a two-hour TV programme and an investment in a company managing an FM radio station in Bangkok and its vicinity.
The company's subsidiary companies: Post International Media Company Limited, Post-ACP Company Limited, and Post-IM Plus Company Limited, all publish and distribute foreign magazines in the Thai language.Read more
Thailand’s leading English-language newspaper is looking for a self-motivated, energetic person for the position of Sub-editor/Copy Taster
The candidate accepted for this position will be responsible for overseeing the sub-editing of articles written by non-native English language speakers for the National News, Business and Sports desks, and copy-tasting for the World News Desk.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience writing or sub-editing with an English-language publication preferred
- Fluent command of the English language
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under time pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well within a small, dedicated team
- A strong interest in local news, international news, business, sports and current affairs
We offer a competitive salary and benefits to the suitable candidate. Please send an application letter with a detailed resume, recent photograph and references.
To apply, send your CV and resume to Bangkok Post Editor Umesh Pandey , firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com. Please state “ASSISTANT NEWS EDITOR APPLICATION” in the subject line of your email.