Jobs > Job detail
Position : Assistant News Editor
Publish on Jul 25, 2017 | Viewed 14,177
- Reference Id: Bkp_0003732
- Company: Bangkok Post Public Company Limited
- Position name: Assistant News Editor
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: 5 - 10 Yr(s)
- Education: Bachelor's degree up
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
Bangkok Post Public Company Limited is the publisher and distributor of the Bangkok Post – an English-language newspaper – and the Post Today – a Thai-language business daily – and Student Weekly – an English-language magazine for high school and college students. The company also has a commercial printing operation that offers general printing services for the company and its subsidiaries as well as outside customers. The company's news and information businesses in the last few years have been expanded to include electronic and digital media. In 2007, the company expanded its multimedia presence with the launch of a two-hour TV programme and an investment in a company managing an FM radio station in Bangkok and its vicinity.
The company's subsidiary companies: Post International Media Company Limited, Post-ACP Company Limited, and Post-IM Plus Company Limited, all publish and distribute foreign magazines in the Thai language.Read more
Are you obsessed with current news surrounding Thailand?
Do you like writing?
If the answer is ‘yes’ then there might be an opportunity for you
Bangkok Post, Thailand’s leading English language media house, has an opening for you.
We are recruiting an ‘Assistant News Editor’ for General News section.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a good command of English
- Have at least 5-10 years' experience of working in a newsroom
- Hold at least a bachelor degree
- Have a strong interest in and familiarity with current news issues
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Be versatile in not just by picking up issues that are shaping the country but also help out the News Editor to look at and edit the stories that are sent by the reporters.
- Be decisive and follow up issues
This full-time job will not just challenge your knowledge but will put you at the forefront of events that are going to shape the future of this country in the years to come.
Your remuneration would be in accordance with the experience and other benefits are well known in the market.
To apply, send your CV and resume to Bangkok Post Editor Umesh Pandey , firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com. Please state “ASSISTANT NEWS EDITOR APPLICATION” in the subject line of your email.