Publish on Nov 3, 2022 | Viewed 1426
Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) Thailand
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, tax-exempt, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in more than 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities. Working with local communities and organizations, that knowledge is applied to address species, habitat and ecosystem management issues critical to improving the quality of life of poor rural people whose livelihoods depend on the direct utilization of natural resources.
The main purpose of this role is to support the Regional Controller to ensure the financial integrity of the Temperate Asia and Greater Mekong regions and to be the lead on financial compliance, policy and procedures for WCS. The role assists the Regional Controller in the audit and compliance function, as well as building the capacity of the country finance teams by providing appropriate financial management training where necessary. S/he also provides financial assessment and reports for management in the region and headquarters.Read more
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004474
- Company: Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) Thailand
- Position name: Accountant
- Job location: Nonthaburi
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Contract
- Vacancy: 1
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
- Job field(s):
Job Type: Local Full Time Contract
Division: Global Conservation Program, Thailand Program
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Manager, Thailand Program
Location: Nonthaburi, Thailand
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is a US non-profit, private organization established in 1895 that saves wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. With more than a century of experience, long-term commitments in dozens of landscapes, presence in more than 60 nations, and experience helping to establish over 150 protected areas across the globe, WCS has amassed the biological knowledge, cultural understanding and partnerships to ensure that vibrant, wild places and wildlife thrive alongside local communities.
WCS Thailand Program has been established since 1997, the program has been working closely with the Thai government agencies and in cooperated with several academic institutes as well as local and international private organizations to achieve its mission to strengthen the science-based conservation principle, in order to preserve the intact wildlife and wild place in Thailand.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Accountant will be working on the overall financial and accounting document, prepare, analyze, and maintain financial records. Typically work for an organization, including managing the organization’s payments, taxes, and various other payments. Coordinate with other project team colleagues on daily request and payments. Assisting on country program’s grants, and budgets vs actual as the supervisor assigned.
- Working closely with a finance team on daily financial and accounting works.
- Coordinates with the project teams on advance request and external contacts on payment request.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, collecting receipts and clearing payments.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information into the system.
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and systematically recorded.
- Responsible for taxes, tax returns and other related payment process related to the programs.
- Keep information confidential and secure them with database backups.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annually closing period report.
- Assist in the reconciliation of account payable and receivable, and balance sheet control accounts on monthly basis and at year end.
- Organize work schedules and setting priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
POSITION AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENT:
The successful candidate must be good in financial and accounting background, and be enthusiastic with participating within the group, colleagues and project teams. S/he must be self-motivated, honest, active to coordinate with the team, can work on multiple tasks, and be able to work under pressure.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree.
- Solid knowledge of finance and accounting.
- Very good command in English language skills.
- Very good computer and systems skills required with respect to MS Office applications
(Advanced skills in MS Excel (including Vlookups and Pivot tables).
- Experience with general ledger function and reporting software – SAP or equivalent.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills, deadline-oriented and professional attitude to work.
- High personal integrity, confidentiality, positive thinking and flexible approach to work.
- Interested in conservation works with international conservation NGO.
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply by sending an application letter and CV together with the names and contact information of three references to: email@example.com. Please include “Accountant” in the subject line of your email.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and before November 3, 2022.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations.