HR Senior Assistant
Publish on Aug 5, 2021 | Viewed 1837
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
The UNOPS Bangkok Shared Service Centre (BSSC) is a Shared Services Centre (SSC) unit established for the purpose of providing internal, global, cost-effective transactional services which enhance the operational capacity of UNOPS and standardize systems and procedures. The BSSC, among other functions, carries out high-quality transactional services within the area of personnel contract administration and payroll.
For young professionals, a job within UNOPS BSSC offers the opportunity to enter the United Nations system via crucial back office service delivery in an engaging and development-focused work environment as part of a dynamic and effective UN entity. BSSC jobs offer a platform of learning and exposure to UNOPS' operations and the greater UN system.Read more
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004292
- Company: UNOPS
- Position name: HR Senior Assistant
- Job location: Bangkok , Nakhon Pathom , Nonthaburi , Pathum Thani , Samut Prakan , Samut Sakhon
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: Over 5 Yr(s)
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
- Job field(s):
Position: HR Senior Assistant
Vacancy code VA/2021/B0049/22067
Position title HR Senior Assistant
Department/office FA, SSC, BSSC, Bangkok Shared Service Centre
Duty station Bangkok, Thailand
Contract type Local ICA Support
Contract level LICA-5
Application period 30-Jun-2021 to 20-Jul-2021
Please apply directly through https://jobs.unops.org/pages/viewvacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=22067
Background Information - Job-specific
Reporting to the Team Lead – Staff Administration, the HR Senior Assistant supports the immediate work team in providing global HR support, ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The work area is within contract administration and benefits & entitlements for UN staff members.
The HR Senior Assistant promotes a client-oriented and consistent approach with regards to UNOPS’ policies and UN Staff Regulations and Rules in accordance with the corporately established protocols. He/She works in close collaboration with operations personnel in field offices and with UNOPS’ HQ personnel to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
1. Supports administration of UN staff contracts, benefits and entitlements
2. Assists with advice to staff members on their personal benefits, entitlements and contractual events
3. Supports implementation of HR strategies and procedures
4. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Supports efficient administration of contracts, benefits and entitlements for UNOPS and Partner staff, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Supports efficient administration of contracts, benefits and entitlements for UNOPS and Partner staff, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring and tracking of transactions to ensure timely, consistent and equitable provision of services with a client focus;
- Drafting of appointment and other event-driven administration letters that outline terms and conditions of the contractual event. Briefing to personnel on the conditions of service related to contracts;
- Collection, verification and follow-up on required documentation related to benefits, entitlements and contracts;
- Proactive coordination of the flow of work;
- Provision of proactive customer service to internal and external clients.
2. Assists with advice to staff members on their personal benefits, entitlements and contractual events:
- Assist with providing professional advice on personal benefits and entitlements to staff members, notably on the eligibility criteria, intervals, amounts and payment processes.
- Assist staff members by providing advice on the packages associated with their contractual events: processes, eligibility criteria, salaries, allowances, benefits and entitlement payments
3. Supports implementation of HR strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN and UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Reference to internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management;
- Support to the Human Resource Associate, Senior HR Associate, Supervisor, and Manager on management, implementation, monitoring of various HR initiatives.
4. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings within the unit
- Contributions to knowledge sharing within the unit
● Integrity & Inclusion
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
● Leading Self and Others
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilising appropriate leadership styles
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
● Results orientation
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
● Solution Focused
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
● Effective communication
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground
Education: High school diploma required. Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR is an asset. A BA or MA degree may substitute required years of work experience.
- 5 years progressive experience in supporting a human resource management area.
- Knowledge of UN policies, procedures and practices
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office, Google) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience in use of HR information systems, including OneUNOPS is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Fluency in French / Spanish is highly desirable.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA-5
Contract duration: Open-ended
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
● Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.
● Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
● Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
● Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
● UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
● Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
● UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
● For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post.
● The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.