Senior Infrastructure Consultants (Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia)
Publish on Jul 12, 2021 | Viewed 1898
The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our work across the region addresses five overarching goals—strengthen governance, empower women, expand economic opportunity, increase environmental resilience, and promote international cooperation.
Headquartered in San Francisco, The Asia Foundation works through a network of offices in 18 Asian countries and in Washington, DC. Working with public and private partners, the Foundation receives funding from a diverse group of bilateral and multilateral development agencies, foundations, corporations, and individuals. In 2019, we provided $84.9 million in direct program support and distributed textbooks and other educational materials valued at $7.3 million.Read more
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004287
- Company: The Asia Foundation
- Position name: Senior Infrastructure Consultants (Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia)
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: 1
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Senior Officer
- Experience: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
- Job field(s):
TITLE: Senior Infrastructure Consultants (Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia)
CONTRACT TERM: Through August 2022 initially, with the possibility of extension
Location: Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia; remote-based international also a possibility.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Asia Foundation’s Thailand Office is seeking multiple qualified, talented Senior Infrastructure Consultants (Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia) for work under USAID Mekong Safeguards. We are seeking proactive specialists able to rapidly, and knowledgeably source, identify and validate project infrastructure project opportunities. This will require skills, resources and networks that enable access to information on large energy and transportation infrastructure projects, financing data, origination data, developer firms, government counterparts, and current phase of construction.
The Senior Infrastructure Consultants (Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia) supports crucial work under USAID Mekong Safeguards, operating under a unique strategic regional collaboration initiative between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The Senior Infrastructure Consultants (Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia) reports to the Chief of Party of USAID Mekong Safeguards.
USAID Mekong Safeguards is a five-year project working with major banks, governments, and developers in China, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar on large energy and transportation infrastructure investments to strengthen environmental and social standards and adopt clean technologies in Southeast Asia’s Lower Mekong sub-Region. The program is an exciting opportunity to support new and improved ways governments, financiers, developers, and CSO’s can invest and build sustainable energy and transportation infrastructure. Through the USAID-DFAT collaboration, the size of the Program is $10.6 million.
The consultant can be based in any of the following countries: Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia; remote-based international also a possibility. based in Bangkok, there may be opportunities to travel to countries across the Greater Mekong Subregion, including China, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Myanmar.
Reporting & Supervision:
S/he will report directly to the Chief of Party, USAID Mekong Safeguards
- Collect data on and develop accurate landscape of ongoing and planned energy and transportation infrastructure projects both in-country and transboundary, in the Lower Mekong Subregion. (Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam)
- Work with colleagues to identify and validate specific infrastructure projects that are positioned to receive USG technical support on strengthening environmental and social standards within the projects planning, financing and/or deployment.
- Work with colleagues to engage validated project stakeholders, including developers, financiers, communities, and relevant government officials, to acquire support approval and shape scope of technical assistance resulting in strengthened ESG standards and practices.
- At least 10 years of experience in one or more Lower Mekong Subregion countries work related to energy and/or transportation infrastructure research.
- Bacheors degree in finance, engineering, economics, development or similar. Masters degree preferable.
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing; knowledge of Thai or Lao desirable.
- Demonstrable experience with infrastructure project origination, financing, or feasibility studies. Implementing experience with Environmental, Social impact assessments preferred.
- Demonstrably strong networks in infrastructure sector in Lower Mekong Subregion countries, including with banks, government regulators, utilities, rail authorities, port authorities, etc.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrable research capacity, and experience in Lower Mekong Subregion country infrastructure highly preferred.
- Experience working for multilateral development bank, construction bank, public utility, or transportation sector preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and against hard deadlines;
- Experience working in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia or Lao PDR is preferred.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please send an email specifying the position to which you are applying with your resume or CV by email to: email@example.com by July 2, 2021. Please indicate your preferred daily rate in USD.
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified).