Deputy News Editor
Publish on Aug 17, 2021 | Viewed 4058
Bangkok Post Public Company Limited
Bangkok Post Public Company Limited publishes and distributes in print and digital media the Bangkok Post, an English-language daily newspaper, Post Today, a Thai-language business daily newspaper.
The Company also subsidiaries and a jointly controlled entity publish and distribute the Thai-language editions of Elle, Forbes Thailand.Read more
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004275
- Company: Bangkok Post Public Company Limited
- Position name: Deputy News Editor
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
- Job field(s):
The Bangkok Post, Thailand's leading English-language daily, is looking for a Deputy News Editor to join its General News Desk team.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic. He or she needs to be able to work under pressure and have extensive experience covering all aspects of news. Reporting to the News Editor, the Deputy News Editor will also be expected to write stories as and when required and edit reporters’ copy to a high standard. He or she will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to the accepted standards of journalism.
- Assist the News Editor in commissioning, writing, editing articles and developing editorial content.
- Assist in brainstorming and researching new story ideas for the section.
- Manage a regular stream of exclusive news, special reports, analysis and investigative content.
- Evaluate content to ensure accuracy and recommend modifications and changes to ensure achievement of all quality standards.
- Assign members of the reporting team to develop original and exclusive content.
- Coordinate with the online team to create and update storylines for coverage and ensure that quality and consistency are maintained.
- Monitor off-platform trends and data sources to inform of those stories needed to answer readers' questions and delve deeper into them.
- Proofread pages
- Strong command of spoken and written English and Thai
- Outgoing personality and an inquisitive mind
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Able to work flexible hours and in a team
- Experience in an editing role
- Familiarity covering news and trends
- Experience of working in the news media industry
We offer a competitive salary and benefits to the suitable candidate.
Please send application letters with a detailed resume, recent photograph and work and writing examples to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org