SENIOR COMMERCIAL WRITER/SUBEDITOR
Publish on Oct 14, 2020 | Viewed 2998
Bangkok Post Public Company Limited
Bangkok Post Public Company Limited publishes and distributes in print and digital media the Bangkok Post, an English-language daily newspaper, Post Today, a Thai-language business daily newspaper.
The Company also subsidiaries and a jointly controlled entity publish and distribute the Thai-language editions of Elle, Forbes Thailand.Read more
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004168
- Company: Bangkok Post Public Company Limited
- Position name: SENIOR COMMERCIAL WRITER/SUBEDITOR
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: N/A
- Education: Bachelor's degree up
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
- Job field(s):
The Creative and Special Publications Department of Bangkok Post PCL processes most placements of various types of paid content in the Bangkok Post newspaper in print and online. It also creates original copy to attract readership.
The Senior Commercial Writer/Subeditor creates original commercial copy, subedits second-language English copy, and proofreads English texts.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Writing advertorials, advertisements and feature articles as required to serve advertisers and support advertisement sales.
- Subediting second-language English copy, correcting grammar and spelling, and polishing.
- Interviewing customers and attending functions to acquire information required for the above.
Skills and experience:
- 100% English-language fluency (native speaker).
- Previous commercial writing experience.
- Previous non-native speaker English language sub-editing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferable.
Reports to: the Department Editor.
Consults with: the Department Editor, Managing Editor, Project Managers, Sales.
The selected candidate will receive a salary proportionate to skills and experience plus benefits including health insurance, medical clinic with daily doctor visits, subsidised fitness, and the opportunity to participate in a provident fund part-contributed by the company.
Interested applicants please send your CV, covering letter and recent photo to: