Marketing Communications Manager
Publish on Jan 29, 2019 | Viewed 2389
Shrewsbury International School City Campus
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004031
- Company: Shrewsbury International School City Campus
- Position name: Marketing Communications Manager
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Senior Officer
- Experience: N/A
- Education: Below junior high school certificate up
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
- Job field(s):
Following the success of Shrewsbury International School Bangkok Riverside where 1700 students study in one of Southeast Asia’s top performing schools, a brand new second campus has opened in the heart of the city in August 2018.
Shrewsbury International School Bangkok (City Campus) shares the same values, ethos and mission of the Riverside Campus and caters exclusively for primary aged children. 640 places will be available from Early Years 1 (Age 3+) to Year 6 (Ages 11+).
Both campuses come together to form Shrewsbury International School Bangkok and children from City Campus will graduate to Riverside in Year 7 (Age 12+).
City Campus will establish its own unique identity and the two campuses will integrate and liaise with each other creating exciting opportunities for both children and for staff.
The school operates on 25,000sqm of learning space. There are 4 major buildings, which have the capacity to fit 640 students. A dance studio, aircon gym, canteen, swimming pools, football pitch and running track which are all designed bespoke for primary aged children.
The classrooms are designed with flexibility in mind for different learning styles and collaboration. They are fitted with Furnware furniture and Community Playthings; a natural environment creating an oasis in the city.
The link with Shrewsbury School UK (www.shrewsbury.org.uk) is taken very seriously and, year-on-year develops into a world-class educational partnership.
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible to the Principal and works closely with the Directors of Marketing and Communications at both of our campuses, and the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications at Riverside.
In particular, the Marketing and Communications Manager will:
- Lead – Be responsible for all marketing aspects of the school. Covering internal and external communications.
- Initiate – Be able to see opportunities and initiate new marketing ideas for the school.
- Plan – Be well organised and have the ability to plan, follow through, execute ideas and measure success.
- Operate - Operate and run daily requirement at school on a daily basis
- Integrate - Work closely with admissions in monitoring results of each marketing activities to school visit or school tour. Help to put the ‘new school’ on the map.
- Follow through – ability to execute work well and measure results
- Manage the execution of delegated tasks, as requested by the line managers, ensuring that they are delivered to time, budget and expected quality.
- Implement actions set out in the strategic marketing plan, and in accordance with the expectations of line managers.
- Support and execute communications between the school and internal stakeholders through its established communication systems, ensuring that format, tone and content is appropriate and in line with the school’s guidelines. (Including the drafting of materials for website and issuing of messages and letters on behalf of the school to parents and students via “Parent Portal”, email and SMS”.).
- Support and execute promotional activities for the School including face-to-face networking, advertising campaigns and outward-facing communications (including via social media and website)
- Track effectiveness of digital communications and conversion rates in order to inform communications and promotional strategies going forward.
- Analyse and track competitor activity to identify areas of threat and opportunity
- Engagement with school community and identification of school activities to leverage positive Word of Mouth and generate new marketing ideas for the school
- Follow the brand guidelines and ensure that the materials are up to date.
- Develop and control the marketing inventory, ensuring adequate stock and timely provision of marketing materials in accordance with budget.
Website You will:
Oversee content; ensure all the information is up to date, relevant and inspiring.
- Ensure the content is in line with the school policy
- Monitor the website regularly and closely; analyse thoroughly and initiate improvement
- Be responsible for Social Media by strategically planning feed, monitoring comments, analysing and controlling.
- Be responsible for Google analytics and Google ads,
Event Management You will:
- Plan, initiate, implement and support key school events.
- Advise all staff on events planning and ensure key messages and materials are delivered.
- Assist in the pre-communication/promotion of events, and establish and manage ticketing and registration processes (if required), Public Relations Media and public relations
- Generate media coverage
Networking You will:
- Work with other stakeholders to map out networking events and engage SMT
- Strategically attend networking events, create top of mind brand and establish new corporate contacts.
- Network and engage with the school community
Advertising / PR
- Align advertising and PR with admissions.
- Initiate campaigns that promote the school as well as increasing footfall.
- Create input on advertising, photography and copy writing.
The Marketing Communications Manager should have the following qualities, skills and experience:
- Excellent English, both written and spoken
- Ability to produce, edit and proof accurate English Language copy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A proactive team player, willing and able to execute own work streams
- Excellent planning and time management skills, with ability to prioritise urgent tasks and meet agreed deadlines
- Experience in a professional Marketing environment
- Practical knowledge of digital platforms and social media, including campaign execution
- Ability to respond to new information and crisis management in a calm and professional manner.
- Advertising, PR and Event management skills
- Familiarity with editing, and proofing processes, including quality control of proof products provided by suppliers.
- Journalism skills are advantageous, particularly the ability to identify opportunities for leveraging positive news from within the community, gather the necessary information and present it in accurate and persuasive written English
- Experience of budget control, track and report.
- Experience of working in a school environment and demonstrating understanding of inter-departmental working
- Comfortable in the basic use of photographic equipment. Additional skills and experience in event photography and/or editing software (Adobe Photoshop) a plus.
- Some experience with Adobe InDesign and/or Adobe Illustrator.
- Familiarity with Google drive, Google forms and Google analytics.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Shrewsbury International School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to
- attend in-house Child Safeguarding programmes
- promote and safeguard the welfare of all students in the school
- report to the Child Protection Officer any concerns they have for the welfare of a student. This may include unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in the school’s Speak Out (Whistleblowing) Policy
- keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained
- seek advice from a Line Manager or Child Protection Officer with issues or concerns related to Child Safeguarding.
- Satisfactory Thai Police Criminal Record check
- Confirmation of identity (Driving License / Passport/National ID card).
- Satisfactory references
- Verification of qualifications and work experience
How to Apply:
Applications will be only be accepted on the official Shrewsbury International School Application Form, which is available on the school website “Job Vacancies” page.
Full details of the school are available on our website at http://city.shrewsbury.ac.th
Any queries should be forwarded to Ms. Amanda Dennison, Principal, Shrewsbury International School Bangkok City Campus
Shrewsbury International School City Campus
982 Rim Klong Samsen Road (Rama 9), Bang Kapi, Huai Khwang, Bangkok 10310 Thailand