Jobs > Job detail
Position : Knowledge and Outreach Manager
Publish on Jul 22, 2014 | Viewed 1,967
- Reference Id: Bkp_0000486
- Company: Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) Regional Centre in Bangkok
- Position name: Knowledge and Outreach Manager
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: 1
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: Over 5 Yr(s)
- Education: Master's degree up
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
Established in 1998, the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) is an independent, non-profit environmental policy think-tank, with headquarters based in Japan that goes beyond research to provide practical ways to protect the earth's environment and to realise greater sustainability and equity in the global community. While the outlook of IGES is global, the principal geographical scope of its activities is the Asia-Pacific region. IGES activities include strategic research, outreach, networking/multi-stakeholder dialogue, and capacity development (http://www.iges.or.jp/). Since 2003, IGES has been operating a project office in cooperation with the Regional Resources Centre for Asia and the Pacific (RRC.AP) of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) located at the Asian Institute for Technology (AIT), Pathumthani, Thailand. In 2011, the project office was upgraded to the IGES Regional Centre located in downtown Bangkok (Patumwan, Bangkok) to strengthen its funRead more
Under the supervision of the Director of IGES Regional Centre and in communication with APAN’s Regional Hub Coordinator, the Knowledge and Outreach Manager will perform the following duties:Lead in strengthening knowledge management and outreach through implementing knowledge management components under APAN and ADAPT Asia-Pacific. Lead in developing and implementing long-term strategies for sustainable services that contribute to capacity development for climate change adaptation practitioners in Asia and the Pacific through improved web-based knowledge management. Lead outreach and communications with donor agencies and partner institutes and contribute to sustainability of APAN’s expanded services and technical assistance in the region. Activities will include developing, editing, and quality assurance of the outreach and knowledge products generated by the above projects; assisting in fundraising; and designing conference/workshop agenda. Contribute to designing and developing outreach activities conducted by IGES Regional Centre and provide advice to IGES head office on its related outreach activities. Carry out any other additional tasks as may be assigned by the Director of IGES Regional Centre as necessary.
1. Native speaker of English
2. At least 5-7 years of experience in web-based knowledge management and outreach from international/regional organizations/initiatives/NGOs in the area of environment or related fields. Experience in operating community of practice and/or knowledge management in climate change adaptation in the region is an asset.
3. A Master’s degree in a relevant field is desirable.
4. Strong writing/editing skills for quality knowledge products, leadership/teamwork, and good communication/interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to take up multiple tasks under pressure in accordance with the institute’s regulations/procedures.
6. Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Send your application to: regionalcentre-HR@iges.or.jp