Jobs > Job detail
Position : Teacher of Mandarin Chinese
Publish on Apr 22, 2023 | Viewed 2,926
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004534
- Company: Shrewsbury International School Bangkok Riverside
- Position name: Teacher of Mandarin Chinese
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: Yes
- Department: Whole School Academic (Modern Foreign Languages)
- Job type: Contract
- Vacancy: 1
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
Shrewsbury International School Bangkok, Riverside
Position: Teacher of Mandarin Chinese
Closing Date: Interested candidates are suggested to apply immediately.
(Applications will be considered as they arrive.)
Department: Whole School Academic (Modern Foreign Languages)
The Teacher of Mandarin Chinese reports to the Head of Mandarin, Ms Maggie Che and the Head of MFL, Mrs. Anna Pethybridge, and may have a timetable of up to 48 periods. This department of highly motivated and experienced staff teaches across the Junior and Senior sections of the School (Years 3 – 13) and expectations are high. The department offers the four languages of French, Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin from Year 3 to Year 13, with Mandarin being the most popular Modern Foreign Language. We are seeking a Mandarin teacher to deliver the curriculum from Key Stage 2 to Years 10 and 11 where we offer Mandarin GCSE through EDEXCEL to Years 12 and 13 where we have moved to teach the HSK Chinese Proficiency Test. Therefore, a high degree of flexibility, fluency and creativity will be required. Experience of, and enthusiasm for, working with primary age students would be advantageous. Successful candidates will be able to inspire learners of all ages using a broad range of strategies and techniques, not least of which being full and imaginative use of ICT in the classroom.
The successful candidate:
- will be an experienced teacher capable of inspiring students;
- will have either experience of working with English Language Learners (ELL) or a desire to broaden his / her experience and skills in EAL teaching and learning strategies;
- will have a flexible approach to working within the school curriculum and structures;
- will have excellent interpersonal skills;
- will be internationally minded;
- will have an excellent level of English
- qualified to degree level;
- will have the ability to work within and apply all school policies e.g. behaviour management, child protection, Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities etc.
Shrewsbury International School Bangkok is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates are required to provide accurate and detailed information about their employment history and the school will carry out background checks on the successful candidate to assess their suitability to work in a school.
- International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) and all criminal record check(s) according to residence history prior to the start of contract.
- Formal proof of identity with photo ID (Original Driving License / Passport).
- 2 signed, confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate’s current headteacher) before the start of contract.
- Verification of original qualifications.
- Certificate or record of complete course of covid of an approved vaccine.
How to Apply:
Applications will only be accepted on the official Shrewsbury International School Application Form, which is available on the school website “Job Vacancies” page.
Full details of the school are available on our website at www.shrewsbury.ac.th.
Any queries should be forwarded to The Principal, Mr. Robert Millar (Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org).
List of company position
EAL Specialist (Junior) for 2023/2024 academic year
May 26, 2023