Jobs > Job detail
Position : Marketing & Communications Manager
Publish on Feb 21, 2022 | Viewed 2,077
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004364
- Company: Shrewsbury International School Bangkok City Campus
- Position name: Marketing & Communications Manager
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Department: City Campus (Rama 9)
- Job type: Contract
- Vacancy: 1
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Early-level management
- Experience: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
City Campus (Rama 9)
Position / Job Specification:
Marketing & Communications Manager
31st January 2022
Shrewsbury International School Bangkok City Campus is a purpose-built primary school in the heart of Bangkok. The campus is designed specifically for children aged 2-11 years old. 672 places are available from Nursery (Age 2+) to Year 6 (Ages 1 1+).
The school operates on 25,000sqm of learning space. There are four major buildings, which house state-of-the-art facilities for Early Years, Primary, Sport and Creative Arts.
City Campus opened its gates in August 2018. It builds on the success of Shrewsbury International School Bangkok Riverside, where 1,850 students study from ages 3-18.
Both City Campus and Riverside share the same values, ethos and mission. The campuses come together to form Shrewsbury International School Bangkok, and children from City Campus graduate to Riverside in Year 7 (Age 12+).
The campuses work closely together to create exciting and unique opportunities for both children and for staff.
The Marketing & Communications Manager works closely with the Principal. the Senior Management Team (SMT) and the Shrewsbury Bangkok Director of Marketing, to be responsible for the following key areas:
- Design, implement and review the school’s Strategic Marketing & Communications Plan;
- Manage the school’s six key marketing domains: Events/Word of Mouth; Advertising Campaigns, Digital, PR & Media, Social Media & Website, Networking & Outreach, Parent Communications; and Brand Management;
- Lead, manage and motivate the school’s Marketing team;
- Integrate Marketing priorities and activities with those of the Admissions department;
- Draft, review and oversee the school’s Marketing Budget.
Events/Word of Mouth
- Oversee the Marketing & Admissions events programme;
- Ensure internal parent events are executed to a high standard;
- Plan and execute student recruitment campaigns including external PR channels, video content, digital advertising, and other supporting content and events;
- Oversee photography opportunities to record and promote the school, according to the marketing strategy;
- Manage graphic design schedules for events, advertising campaigns, internal posters, banners & other marketing materials;
- Plan, write and schedule the school’s social media content, in partnership with Associate Marketing Manager/s;
- Keep the school’s website up-to-date, including news, events, job descriptions, curriculum content, images etc;
PR & Media:
- Oversee PR & Media activities, including selecting media channels, and writing and finalising content;
Networking & Outreach:
- Work in collaboration with the Admissions team to promote an active presence by the school with key stakeholders, including corporate clients, embassies, feeder schools etc;
- Attend networking events with other key staff members.
Internal Communications & Branding:
- Manage parent communication through drafting/proof-reading letters and other content sent to parents;
- Advise on key messaging for strategic communication projects;
- Oversee the school’s inventory of branded products; ensuring that all inventory is correctly branded and fit for purpose;
- Maintain correctly branded presentation on the school’s campus, including signage and digital display.
- Prepare weekly Marketing Briefing reports, monthly Marketing Committee agendas, slides and minutes and termly Marketing Summary for the Governors Report;
- Attend Executive Committee meetings as appropriate, to report on the school’s Marketing activities.
The Marketing & Communications Manager reports to the Line Manager assigned by The Principal and carries out the tasks or project according to the Line Manager.
The candidate should demonstrate the following skills and experience as relevant to this role:
- Excellent English, both written and spoken;
- Experience in a professional marketing environment;
- Experience of budget control, tracking and reporting;
- Excellent planning and time management skills, with ability to prioritise urgent tasks and meet agreed deadlines;
- Practical knowledge of digital platforms, social media and analytics tools, including campaign execution;
- Ability to respond to new information and crisis management in a calm and professional manner;
- Advertising, PR and event management skills;
- Familiarity with editing and proofing processes, including quality control of proof products provided by suppliers.
- Journalism skills are advantageous, particularly the ability to identify opportunities for leveraging positive news from within the community, gather the necessary information and present it in accurate and persuasive written English;
- Experience of working in a school environment and demonstrating understanding of inter-departmental working;
- Familiarity with Google Workspace, including Google Drive, Google Forms and Google Analytics;
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
The successful candidate will:
- Be capable of managing all members of the Marketing Team;
- Embody the school’s brand values in all that they do;
- Work with a strong understanding of the school’s ethos and targets.
- Be a collaborative team player and maintain effective relationships with academic and administrative staff;
- Execute working tasks to a high standard of quality that is representative of the Shrewsbury brand.
- Be a proactive and observant professional capable of seeking out new marketing opportunities;
- Be hardworking, positive and committed, inspiring others in the team always to give of their best - and capable of working beyond the expectations of a Job Description;
- Generate and execute ideas that will support the school’s targets;
- Thrive in a target-driven environment and be capable or working effectively to multiple simultaneous deadlines;
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Be capable of assessing and taking risks;
- Be an approachable and outgoing professional capable of developing excellent relationships with key stakeholders;
- Play an active role in the school community.
Shrewsbury International School Bangkok City Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to:
- attend in-house child safeguarding training programmes;
- promote and safeguard the welfare of all students in the school;
- report any concerns they have about student welfare to the school’s Child Protection Officer. This may include unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in the school’s Speak Out (Whistleblowing) Policy;
- keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained;
- seek advice from a Line Manager or the school’s Child Protection Officer with issues or concerns related to Child Safeguarding.
- International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) prior to the start of contract;
- Formal proof of identity with photo ID (Original Driving License/Passport);
- 3 signed, confidential references, before the start of contract;
- Verification of original qualifications.
How to Apply:
Applications will be only be accepted via the official Shrewsbury International School Bangkok City Campus Application Form:
Visit the school’s website for more information: https://www.shrewsbury.ac.th/city/
Any queries should be sent to Ms Amanda Dennison, Principal: Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the school.