Jobs > Job detail
Position : Human Resources Associate
Publish on Feb 13, 2022 | Viewed 3,381
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004360
- Company: UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP)
- Position name: Human Resources Associate
- Job location: Any countries
- Non-Thais allowed: Yes
- Department: Thailand Country Office Reports to: Management Analyst
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities and exclusion, and build resilience so countries can sustain progress. As the UN’s development agency, UNDP plays a critical role in helping countries achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.Read more
I. Position InformationJob
Title: Human Resources Associate
Department: Thailand Country Office
Reports to: Management Analyst
Grade Level: G6
Position Number: 00012589
Position designation: with no mobility requirement
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
II. Background and Organizational Context
UNDP is the UN’s global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience, and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP is on the ground in about 170 countries and territories, working with national counterparts on solutions to global and national development challenges.
In Thailand, UNDP partners with the host government, civil society including the business community, the United Nations system, the development partners, and other development actors to help the country achieve sustainable development including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by eradicating poverty in all its forms and dimensions, accelerating structural transformations for sustainable development and building resilience to crises and shock.
UNDP Thailand Country Office (CO) is reorganizing internally and moving towards an integrated collaborative business model. Internally, an energetic and innovative team will converge around the planning, design, implementation, and quality assurance of an integrated programme in a fast-paced environment. Fostering strategic partnership and alliances with different stakeholders will require a team which consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude and has a strong client orientation.
III. Position Purpose
Under the guidance and supervision of Management Analyst, the Human Resources Associate provides HR services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Human Resources Associate promotes a client-, quality- and results- oriented approach, ensures execution of transparent and efficient HR services and supports to the maintenance of high staff morale.
IV. Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures, and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework;
- CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management,
- Provision of information to the management and staff on strategies, rules, and regulations, including play a vital role supporting DRR on People Strategy 2030.
Provides HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement via local channels, and participation in interview panels as requested.
- Update of COA information through position management platform, performing the functions of Absence Processor in Atlas. Timely follow up with relevant colleagues in Global Shared Service Unit on contract/payroll-related issues.
- Submit the relevant HR data in the UNALL and coordinate with GSSU on relevant HR transaction work.
- Input and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments, and separations through Atlas for national staff;
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table and org chart;
- Administer UNV and Intern;
- Submit JPO application, coordinate with JPOSC on JPO recruitment;
- Tracks contract expirations and within-grade salary increments (Fixed-term, Service Contracts, Personnel Services Agreement);
- Processes clearances and necessary documents for separation;
- Assists in processing requisition and record of leave and absence of local staff.
Ensures proper staff performance management, career development and duty of care, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Supports all onboarding efforts and off-boarding initiatives for Thailand Country Office;
- Provision of staff performance management information;
- Participation in preparation of GSS Action Plan and other working groups (s) in consultation with the Senior Management, Management Analyst, and HR Analyst;
- Supports duty of care initiatives for personnel as required from time to time and promotes personnel duty-of-care as an HR approach;
- Facilitate counseling arrangement for staff well-being.
Ensures conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local
- salary, hardship, and place-to-place surveys. Participation in the work of LSSC; Conducts survey related to staff well-being and ethics.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR issues;
- Learning Focal Point of the office;
- Organization of staff orientation;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Achieve Results: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by the deadline
- Think Innovatively: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem-solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: Open-minded and curious, shares knowledge learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciate/respect differences, be aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Business Management - Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Business Management – Customer Satisfaction / Client Management: Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to full fill and understand the real customers’ needs.
- HR Talent Management – Performance Management: Knowledge of and ability to guide the application of performance management theory, systems, and tools, including articulation of expectations, setting objectives, and performance standards.
- HR – Learning & Development - Learning & Development Planning: Ability to identify organizational learning priorities aligned with the business strategy using key stakeholders' involvement to ensure appropriate learning and optimal return-on-investment.
- HR – Duty of Care - Occupational safety, health and wellbeing : Knowledge of OSHW concepts and methods and ability to apply them in the development of the OSHW strategies, policies, management systems and quality standards that are consistent with the business strategy.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education is required.
- A University Degree in HR, Business, Public Administration or related fields will be given due consideration.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience with Secondary education, or 3 years experience with a University Degree, of progressively responsible HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems. Knowledge of Atlas or other ERP systems would be a distinct advantage.
• Fluency in English and Thai.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
List of company position
May 15, 2023