Jobs > Job detail
Position : Finance Associate - Team Lead
Publish on Feb 12, 2022 | Viewed 2,566
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004359
- Company: UNOPS
- Position name: Finance Associate - Team Lead
- Job location: Any countries
- Non-Thais allowed: Yes
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countriesRead more
Finance Associate - Team Lead
Job categories Finance
Vacancy code VA/2021/B0049/23024 (Re-advertisement)ฅ
Position title Finance Associate - Team Lead
Department/office FA, SSC, BSSC, Bangkok Shr Serv Centre
Duty station Bangkok, Thailand
Contract type Local ICA Support
Contract level LICA-6
Duration Open ended
Application period 8-Dec-2021 to 6-Feb-2022
Please apply directly through
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the BSSC Finance Manager's guidance and supervision, the Finance Associate oversees the newly established BSSC Payment factory and promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNOPS rules and regulations. The incumbent will closely work and collaborate with Programme, Project and Support Services colleagues in the local office as well as with the UNOPS HQ colleagues to exchange information and ensure accurate and consistent service delivery.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies and procedures
- Fund application
- Accounting, payment and administrative support
- Financial reporting and controls
- Monitoring and progress controls
- Team Management
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensures full compliance of operations with UNOPS’ rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Assists with input to the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) from an operational perspective, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management
- Monitors the Transactional Functions Team’s services and makes recommendations for changes in policies, systems and procedures to ensure services are aligned with changing business needs and objectives
- Works closely with FG and policy owners to support the development and drafting of guidelines, training and communication materials
- Works closely with the Finance Manager and clients/users to ensure efficient implementation of the processes
- Ensures the delivery of the required services as per the agreed deadlines and initiate corrective actions where necessary
2. Assist with payment requests and inquiries, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support in the request of pay recipient changes for an approved request for payment
- Review and approve the request for batch cancellation of remitted payment
- Ensure the accuracy of StoneX payment and complete the process in a timely manner
- Review and approve the ACH return payment
- Monitor the rejections and returns have been acknowledged and actions are taken appropriately
- Provide knowledge and findings for inquiries related to the remittance process
- Direct non-related inquiries sent to BSSC's payment inquiries service desk to the respective team
3. Monitors and provides accounting, payment and administrative support focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Manages timely review of the payments to create the batch and file for approval in the TMS (treasury management system) platform.
- Monitors, communicates and coordinates with system and bank focal points, ensuring the timely processing of payments
- Coordinates with and assigns payment inquiries submitted on BSSC’s payment inquiries service desk
- Provides the team performance reports based on management requests
- Supports the payment factory team members with their daily tasks and issues.
- Ensures that the remittance adheres to its service level agreement (SLAs)
4. Supports effective financial reporting and control, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Supports the preparation of monthly expenditure schedules and quarterly and year-end statements.
- Contacts project colleagues and Regional Offices to verify, correct, add and improve quality of financial activities of a particular project, including financial reports.
- Frequent contact with other finance staff in the organization in the preparation of payments, data reconciliation, client reporting, or audit activities.
- Prepares financial statements for clients
5. Ensures monitoring and progress control focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Establishes a solid working relationship between the team and its key stakeholders
- Manages communications and ensures that stakeholders are aware of the remittance and accounts receivables team’s activities, deadlines for request submission and updates on policies and procedures
6. Team management
- Facilitates the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provides oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
7. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organizes, facilitates and delivers training and learning initiatives for personnel on finance-related topics.
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing lessons learnt and disseminating best practices in human resources.
- Contributes feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices, utilizing them productively.
- As a Key Business User, provides financial management support in the Enterprise system's financial management module to internal clients.
- Integrity & Inclusion
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilising appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results orientation
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective communication
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Diploma or certification in finance-related subjects or business administration is desirable.
- 6 years of progressively responsible finance experience is required at the national or international level.
- Solid experience in the usage of computers, advance knowledge of MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions and in handling-web based management systems.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
- Knowledge of second UN working language is desirable.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA-6
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.