Jobs > Job detail
Position : Director of Admissions
Publish on Sep 27, 2021 | Viewed 2,123
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004312
- Company: Shrewsbury International School Bangkok City Campus
- Position name: Director of Admissions
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: 1
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
Shrewsbury International School Bangkok City Campus
Director of Admissions
(This appointment is for Thai nationals only)
1st October 2021 (or as soon as possible after this date)
Shrewsbury International School Bangkok City Campus is a purpose-built primary school in the heart of Bangkok. The campus is designed specifically for children aged 3-11 years old. 672 places are available from Early Years 1 (Age 3+) to Year 6 (Ages 11+).
The school enjoys 25,000sqm of learning space. There are 4 main buildings, which house state-of-the-art facilities for Early Years, Primary Years, Sports and Creative Arts.
City Campus opened its gates in August 2018. It builds on the success of Shrewsbury International School Bangkok Riverside, its sister campus where 1,800 students study from ages 3-18.
Both City Campus and Riverside share the same values, ethos and mission. The campuses come together to form Shrewsbury International School Bangkok, and children from City Campus will graduate to Riverside in Year 7 (Age 12+).
The campuses work closely together to create exciting and unique opportunities for both children and for staff.
The Director of Admissions reports directly to The Principal of the school and is responsible as the leader of a team for the effective operation of the Admissions function. In particular, The Director of Admissions will;
● provide information on the school’s entry and admission requirements and processes for all telephone, walk-in, and e-mail enquiries to the school ensuring that;
- appropriate school literature and other information is provided ensuring that the school’s attributes are always strongly promoted and presented appropriately according to the nature of each enquiry
- all queries are followed up promptly with a strong emphasis on securing visits and applications from prospective parents to the school
● control the admissions process ensuring the following;
- all enquiries are recorded and followed up to conclusion in a pro-active manner
- appointments for assessment and visits to the school are arranged in a timely and accurate fashion
- co-ordination and communication between members of the admissions team is effective and efficient
- the registrar database of enquiries and applications is kept up-to-date, accurate and comprehensive
- maintain the Numbers Tracker control document and the iSAMS management information system to ensure data is up-to-date and accurate concerning the current academic year student roll and the next academic year forecast student roll
- effective co-ordination with others involved in assessments and the management of documentation and timelines
- provide and arrange tours of the school and meet prospective parents
- invigilation for the testing of prospective students
- ensure the highest standards of customer service and presentation are applied to all interactions and interfaces with prospective parents and other departments in the school
- ensure the highest presentational standards of meeting and testing environments including the efficient and organised presentation of working spaces for the admissions team
- maintain the digital record system for all documents relating to the admissions function
- provide other management reports and statistics relating to the admissions function
- apply fairness, professionalism and speedy application to tasks and prioritised objectives
- adhere to policy and maintain integrity in decision-making
● ensure the registration of students of the school operates according to policy including
- records of attendance are accurate and up-to-date
- appropriate communication and follow-up with parents in cases of absence
● line manage the Admissions Executives including
- delegating and overseeing work
- identifying training needs and providing guidance
- motivating and providing for development in the role
● liaison with Shrewsbury Riverside admissions team where appropriate in relation to co-ordinating work and policy
● assisting in developing efficiently the admissions function of the school including
- implementing procedures and processes
- organisation of filing and records
- working with Shrewsbury Riverside admissions team on best practice and co-ordination
The Director of Admissions should have the following qualities
● excellent communication skills in Thai and English
● able to motivate and work effectively as part of a team
● utmost integrity and honesty
● “can-do” attitude
● flexible in work and duties
● excellent organisational and administrative skills having an attention to detail and accuracy
● experience in working in a busy and fast-moving office environment
● excellent customer service understanding and application
Shrewsbury International School Bangkok City Campus is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to
● attend in-house Child Safeguarding programmes
● promote and safeguard the welfare of all students in the school
● report to the Child Protection Officer any concerns they have for the welfare of a student. This may include unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in the school’s Speak Out (Whistleblowing) Policy.
● keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained
● seek advice from a Line Manager or Child Protection Officer with issues or concerns related to Child Safeguarding.
● Satisfactory Thai Police Criminal Record check
● Confirmation of identity (Driving License / Passport/National ID card).
● Satisfactory references
● Verification of qualifications and work experience
How to Apply:
Applications must be made on the official Shrewsbury International School Application Form, which is available on the school website “Job Vacancies” page.
Full details of the school are available on our website at
Any queries should be forwarded to Amanda Dennison, Principal Shrewsbury International School City Campus firstname.lastname@example.org.