Jobs > Job detail
Position : Senior Power Sector Planning Specialist, USAID Mekong Safeguards
Publish on Jul 3, 2021 | Viewed 1,321
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004285
- Company: The Asia Foundation
- Position name: Senior Power Sector Planning Specialist, USAID Mekong Safeguards
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: Yes
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Senior Officer
- Experience: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our work across the region addresses five overarching goals—strengthen governance, empower women, expand economic opportunity, increase environmental resilience, and promote international cooperation.
Headquartered in San Francisco, The Asia Foundation works through a network of offices in 18 Asian countries and in Washington, DC. Working with public and private partners, the Foundation receives funding from a diverse group of bilateral and multilateral development agencies, foundations, corporations, and individuals. In 2019, we provided $84.9 million in direct program support and distributed textbooks and other educational materials valued at $7.3 million.Read more
TITLE: Senior Power Sector Planning Specialist, USAID Mekong Safeguards
CONTRACT TERM: Through August 2022 initially, with the possibility of extension
Location: Bangkok, Thailand preferred; Asia Pacific-based international a possibility.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Asia Foundation’s Thailand Office is seeking qualified, talented consultants for Senior Power Sector Planning Specialist, USAID Mekong Safeguards of USAID Mekong Safeguards.
The Senior Power Sector Planning Specialist will jointly lead USAID Mekong Safeguards, a Program under a unique strategic regional collaboration initiative between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) reporting to the Chief of Party of USAID Mekong Safeguards.
USAID Mekong Safeguards is a five-year project working with major banks, governments, and developers in China, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar on large energy and transportation infrastructure investments to strengthen environmental and social standards and adopt clean technologies in Southeast Asia’s Lower Mekong sub-Region. The program is an exciting opportunity to support new and improved ways governments, financiers, developers, and CSO’s can invest and build sustainable energy and transportation infrastructure. Through the USAID-DFAT collaboration, the size of the Program is $10.6 million.
The Senior Power Sector Planning Specialist is a vital specialist role for the program. This consultant will lead a team advising and liaising with government, utilities and energy authorities in Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. The primary purpose is to advise government on incorporating environmental, social and governance standards into strategic and long-term government energy sector planning.
Though based in Bangkok, there may be opportunities to travel to countries across the Greater Mekong Subregion, including China, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Myanmar.
Reporting & Supervision:
S/he will report directly to the Chief of Party, USAID Mekong Safeguards
- Advise government on incorporating environmental, social and governance standards into strategic and long-term government energy sector planning.
- Conduct demand-side scenario analysis for government power development plans.
- Produce government-facing presentations and reports on power development planning with the goal of impacting decision-making on energy infrastructure procurement.
- Organize and collaborate with teams in Thailand, Laos and Vietnam, and with firms in the United States.
- At least 10 years of experience in power sector planning, preferably working with utilities or government energy authorities.
- Masters degree in electrical engineering or similar technical field.
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing; knowledge of Thai or Lao desirable.
- Strong willingness to conduct work in-the-field, sometimes, in rural areas.
- Experience with USAID and/or DFAT preferred.
- Experience in managing programs or initiatives to support regional cooperation or regional policy agendas in Asia.
- Ability to work under pressure and against hard deadlines;
- Experience working in Thailand is preferred.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please send a CV specifying the position to which you are applying with your resume or CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 2, 2021. Please indicate your preferred daily rate in USD.
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified).
List of company position
Sep 1, 2021
Aug 27, 2021