Jobs > Job detail
Position : Director of Language Center
Publish on Jul 9, 2021 | Viewed 1,939
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004284
- Company: Asian Institute of Technology
- Position name: Director of Language Center
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: Yes
- Job type: Contract
- Vacancy: 1
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: High level management
- Experience: Over 5 Yr(s)
- Education: Master's degree up
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
AIT (www.ait.ac.th) is an international English-speaking postgraduate institution, focusing on engineering, environment, and management studies. Founded in 1959, AIT offers the opportunity to study at an institution in Asia which possesses a global reputation. Going forward, AIT will be stressing its global connections, injection of innovation into research and teaching, its relevance to industry, and its nurturing of entrepreneurship, while continuing to fulfill its social impact and capacity building role. Sitting on a beautiful green campus located just north of Bangkok, Thailand, AIT operates as a multicultural community where a cosmopolitan approach to living and learning is the rule.
Today, AIT’s internationally recognized engineering, environment, and management graduates are highly sought after by employers in their home country and elsewhere. Across many walks of life in Asia, AIT alumni have distinguished themselves as CEO’s of private and state enRead more
Duties and Responsibilities:
The director is responsible for managing the Language Center's services in line with approved targets and objectives of the Institute's vision and mission. The Director reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, collaborates with the deans of AIT schools, sets the Center's strategies and business plan, and supervises the work of LC teachers and clerical staffs.
Keys areas for results:
• Assisting student recruitment and provision of pre-degree intensive language programs.
• Maintenance of Institute standards for academic and technical writing skills through admissions and placement testing, and editorial approval of components of research reports.
• Proactively seek out partnerships with external clients that will lead to LC revenue.
• Apply for external project funding that will benefit the LC financially or develop LC staff.
• Development of needs assessment and language curricula for undergraduate, postgraduate students and AIT staff.
• Oversee the provision of on-line, self-access and tutorial facilities.
• Partner with AIT schools as well as governmental and non-governmental partners of AIT in capacity building training programs.
• Manage the LC team through recruitment, hiring and evaluation of staff while furthering their professional development.
• Set and control the Language Center budget.
• Contribute to the Institute-wide initiatives, panels, committees and task forces as requested. Qualifications:
• Proficiency in English with expertise in academic and technical writing.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a program of teaching at the university level and successfully leading a team of teachers.
• Ample experience in writing academic research or project proposals.
• Experience in designing curricula and programs for international university programs.
• Minimum of 5 years of university experience teaching English academic/technical writing and communication skills.
• A master's degree (doctorate preferred) in language teaching or linguistics.