Jobs > Job detail
Position : Finance and Administrative Associate (Multi-Country TB Grant)
Publish on Feb 24, 2020 | Viewed 1,263
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004151
- Company: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Position name: Finance and Administrative Associate (Multi-Country TB Grant)
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
UNDP is the UN's global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life.Read more
II. Organizational Context
UNDP is key partner to the Global Fund to Fight TB, Tuberculosis and Malaria (the ‘Global Fund’, ‘GF’) and serves as interim Principal Recipient (‘PR’) at the request of the Country Coordinating Mechanism (‘CCM’) or GF. United Nations Development Programme’s Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific (Bangkok Regional Hub) is the Principal Recipient for the TB/MDR-TB interventions among Afghan refugees, returnees and mobile populations in Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan (The Programme), funded by the Global Fund.
These TB/MDR-TB interventions among Afghan refugees, returnees and mobile populations will be implemented in Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan. UNDP with the existing expertise on supporting coordination and in partnership with WHO, Stop TB partnership, UNHCR and IOM will facilitate implementing of this grant in three countries. This multi-country grant will focus on:
- Strengthening collaboration, information sharing and diagnosis/treatment service referrals between health services with the aim of finding and treating TB cases among mobile Afghan populations.
- Strengthening cross-border collaboration, information sharing, and referrals among NTPs in the three countries.
- Strengthening the capacity of the national TB control program in Afghanistan to effectively diagnose and treat TB cases amongst returnees.
In the role of PR, UNDP is responsible for the financial and programmatic management of the Global Fund grants as well as procurement of pharmaceutical and non-health items and the quality of the services provided under the Programmes. In all areas of implementation, UNDP provides support to national partners to strengthen health systems to assume the PR role when capacities permit. Central to UNDP’s work is strengthening partnerships between MoPH, other government agencies, affected communities, development partners and UN agencies to ensure more effective and inclusive governance of the response against the three diseases.
UNDP‘s management role consists of ensuring timely implementation of grant activities by sub-recipients ensuring programmatic and financial accountability and capacity building of national and international counterparts on programme, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and financial management.
Under the overall supervision of the Team Leader for the Asia and the Pacific Health team in Bangkok and the direct supervision of the focal point/Programme Manager of the Multi-Country Grant, the Finance and Administrative Associate provides programme support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
The Finance and Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project staff in UNDP BRH, UNDP Country Offices (COs) and the UNDP Health Implementation support team as required to exchange information and support effective programme delivery.
III. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
• Support to implementation of programme strategies and work plan;
• Support to management of the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme;
• Administrative/finance mangement and logistics support to the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme, UNDP COs, SRs and key stakeholders;
• Support to resource mobilization; and
• Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
1. Supports implementation of programme strategies and work plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Effective and timely support to the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme on programme implementation;
• Support in effective coordination between UNDP Bangkok Regional Hub Multi-Country TB Programme, management Support Unit and Operations Support Team, and UNDP Country Offices on the implementation of the programme activities.
2. Provides effective support to management of the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme and other Global Fund related programming focusing on the achievement of the following results:
• Preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project;
• Timely support to the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme on maintaining and updating budget work plans and other project related documents as required;
• Effective and timely support for information collation and document preparation, including from the SRs when required;
• Assist team members on preparation and management of required documentation and support during Global Fund, Local Fund Agent (LFA) and audit visits.
3. Provides administrative/finance management and logistics support to the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme, UNDP COs, SRs and other Global Fund related programming including key stakeholders focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Timely and accurately prepare travel authorizations;
• Ensure accurate use of appropriate COA as relevant to the Activity ID indicated in Atlas matching to the correct Service Delivery Area Reference in the budget work plan;
• Creation of requisitions in Atlas for programme activities, ensuring the budget is checked for the approved requisition, complete Purchase Order issuance processes and key receipt of goods/service in Atlas and upload required voucher to DMS;
• Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas;
• Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers;
• Timely release of payment to consultants and contracting agents in close collaboration with Procurement and Finance Unit;
• Support the UNDP CO staff/consultant in required equipment/commodity procurement and supply management in coordination with UNDP BRH when required; and process required national procurement for the SRs under the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme with UNDP COs;
• Logistics support during visits by UNDP BRH /Partnership Team members, Global Fund, LFA representatives and other assigned consultants;
• Logistical support for regional activities (training, meeting etc.) managed by BRH Multi-Country TB Programme partners (including SRs) for ticketing, hotel arrangements, event management etc.;
• Support in contracting consultants under UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme.
4. Supports resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Collect and maintain information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile;
• Track and reporting on mobilized resources. Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
5. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the programme focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme;
• Support in proper management of programme files, programme deliveries and all the knowledge products of the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB grant in a central location (soft and hard copies);
• Contributions to knowledge networks of the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme;
• Assist the UNDP CO staff/consultant in managing and sharing knowledge products in-country and with UNDP BRH.
IV. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme and success in implementation of programme strategies. Accurate analysis, data entry and presentation of information ensure proper programme implementation.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
• Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
• Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
• Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
• Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
• Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
• Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
• Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps drafting proposals
Building Strategic Partnerships
• Collects information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
• Maintains databases of donor information
• Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
• Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
• Responds positively to new approaches
• Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors
• Maintains database of project files
• Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
• Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
• Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
• Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
• Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
• Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
• Responds to client needs promptly
• Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
• Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
• Self-development, initiative-taking
• Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
• Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
• Creating synergies through self-control
• Managing conflict
• Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
• Informed and transparent decision making
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
Thai National with Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Finance, Economics, Political Sciences or Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
• Minimum 6 years (with Secondary education) or, minimum 3 years (with Bachelor Degree) of progressively responsible financial, administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is required;
• Experience with the UN system, preferably UNDP and/or the Global Fund, is an advantage;
• Experience with Atlas is an advantage.
Fluency in English with good verbal and written skills.