Jobs > Job detail
Position : Project Assistant
Publish on Feb 20, 2020 | Viewed 1,828
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004150
- Company: United Nations Development Programme (UNDSS)
- Position name: Project Assistant
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Contract
- Vacancy: 1
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: Over 2 Yr(s)
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
UNDP is the UN's global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life.Read more
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Provide support to management of ongoing project activities through the following tasks and duties:
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for joint planning meeting, quarterly work plans, and budget work plans to support project implementation;
- Prepare information for Project Manager for his/her advice to donor, Implementing Partners and UNDP;
- Creating project in UNDP’s financial and administrative system, prepare budget revisions, revision of project status, determination of unutilized funds;
- Prepare and regularly update the Annual Workplan and the project budget; and
- Undertake project operational and financial closure formalities including submission of terminal reports, transfer and disposal of equipment, processing of semi-final and final revision and support project manager in preparing the terminal assessment reports.
2. Ensures effective administrative and logistical support for the achievement of the outcomes of the project, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support national project implementation activities according to UNDP workflows (including Individual Contract (IC) process, organization of forums, workshops, travel, etc);
- Contacts with visitors and project personnel, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes;
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions;
- Translation of correspondences from Thai to English and vice versa, when needed;
- Maintenance of records/ documents/ files relating to the project in a user friendly manner
- Be responsible for assigned correspondence and other administrative tasks including creating e-requisitions;
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents;
- Preparing correspondences relating to the implementation of the projects;
- Making logistical arrangements for the field visits and missions of the project team;
- Administrative support to conferences and workshops;
- Assistance in proper control of supporting documents for payments and financial reports;
- Check related forms delivered by Implementing Partners for completion before submitting them to the Finance or Procurement Unit;
- Proper receipting of goods and services;
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memorandum and reports to partners;
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources as required;
- Maintain a proper filing system for financial records ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials; and
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to Programme Specialist.
3. Provides support to project maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Act as a backup to the Asset Focal point in the maintenance of records on assets management; and
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to project maintenance.
4. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/programme staff and other trainings as appropriate; and
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Provide surge capacity to COs as needed.
 Implementing Partner is UNDP’s government partner in implementing project.
 Individual Contract is a contracting type in hiring external consultant.
 e-requisitions is UNDP’s request system for financing and administrative tasks across the agency.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate sound judgment and transparent decision making;
- Demonstrate self-development, initiative, and team player spirit;
- Communicate effectively and constructively;
- Creating synergies through self-control; and
- Learn and share knowledge with others.
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks; and
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines; and
- Responds to client needs promptly.
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems.
- Thai national with Secondary education;Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Human Resources, Finance, Social Sciences, International Relations and any other related fields would be desirable but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum five (5) years (with Secondary education), or, minimum two (2) years (with Bachelor Degree) of relevant experience in administration or programme support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Excellent command of writing and speaking Thai and English