Jobs > Job detail
Position : HR - Learning Assistant
Publish on Feb 16, 2020 | Viewed 1,783
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004149
- Company: UNOPS
- Position name: HR - Learning Assistant
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Department: FA, PCG, People and Change Group
- Job type: Contract
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countriesRead more
Background Information – PCG
The mission of the People and Change Group (PCG) is to empower effective leadership and high-performing talent and to enable business transformation through change management, pursuit of organizational excellence and a culture of innovation. We have a solid team of experienced professionals with strategic HR management, organizational design, change management expertise – all of us having a passion for achieving results and building innovation into our way of doing business. To get the job done, we are structured into 2 work streams: People and Change.
The HR - Learning Assistant position will be based in Bangkok. The selected candidate will have a dual reporting line, one in Bangkok and on in Headquarters, as they will work closely with the Learning Function based in Copenhagen.
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the close guidance and supervision of the HR Analyst, the HR - Learning Assistant provides support to Learning services, ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly service delivery. The HR Learning Assistant promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the unit.
The HR Learning Assistant works in close collaboration with the Learning Team in HQ, and locally with colleagues in Bangkok, to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
1. Help-Desk Support for Learning Management System (LMS)
2. Learning Programme Support
3. Online tools
Help-Desk Support for LMS
- Support the Learning Management System (LMS) help-desk, under close guidance of Human Resources Analyst and in cooperation with the Headquarters Learning Team.
- Support learners and instructors with LMS course enrolments, automated learning evaluations and certification of completion.
- Pull regular and ad hoc data system reports on learning in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Under guidance of the supervisor, update the Learning Management System dashboards for Mandatory Courses and General learning reporting figures
Learning Programme Support
- Registrate participants in learning events and activities and schedule exams for external certifications in Project Management and Procurement.
- Support screening of applications for learning programmes.
- Follow up on completion of modules for different leadership programmes.
- Compile learning impact evaluation data on all learning activities.
- Support enrollment of participants and follow up for UN Language Proficiency Exams.
- Process payments and procurement documentation from related learning activities.
Learning Online tools
- Follow up on requests for licenses of Language courses and exams, Video based Learning and assigns licenses accordingly
- Monitor usage of online tools and report to management.
IMPACT OF RESULTS
The key results have an impact on the overall execution of the UNOPS Learning services in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate and properly documented records enhance UNOPS capability in the Learning management.
- Integrity & Inclusion
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilising appropriate leadership styles
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results orientation
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective communication
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- High school diploma required.
- A Bachelor or Masters Degree is an asset and may substitute for some of the required years of work experience.
- A Master´s degree is NOT REQUIRED for this position. Nevertheless, candidates with a Master's degree are also encouraged to apply.
- With a high school diploma, a minimum of 4 years of experience in either of the following areas: Learning and Development, HR Management, administration, communications support and coordination, or a combination of the above is required.
- Experience working in an international environment is an advantage.
- Experience working with the administration of a learning management system is an advantage.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of French or Spanish is a distinct advantage.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA 4
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.