Jobs > Job detail
Position : Web/Database developer
Publish on Aug 24, 2019 | Viewed 1,461
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004111
- Company: UNOPS
- Position name: Web/Database developer
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Department: PG, Procurement Group
- Job type: Contract
- Vacancy: 1
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: Over 7 Yr(s)
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.Read more
UNGM Web/Database developer
Background Information - Job-specific
We are looking for experienced developer who can and likes to be involved in the entire software process from idea to production and likes to work on all layers in an application, from back-end to front-end. Under the supervision of the UNGM Development Team Lead and the UNGM Manager, the web/database developer will further develop the United Nations Global Marketplace, referred to as UNGM. The developer will be a part of a dynamic autonomous Agile Scrum team working closely together with the product owner. Emphasis is put on creative problem solving, collaboration with users, and fostering an active knowledge sharing environment.
- Systems Integration using Web API
- Implement solutions using Agile Scrum
- Source control
- Design Patterns
- Work in an international team with many different nationalities
- Participate actively as a team member to deliver added value
- Proactively solicit and discuss user feedback and support and extend applications as needed
- Perform other related duties as required
- The personnel is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS
Monitoring and Progress Controls
Delivers outputs within prescribed time, cost and quality standards meeting clients’ complete satisfaction based on performance indicators of success set by UNOPS. The incumbent undergoes performance evaluation conducted by the supervisor.
Ensures that UNOPS’ service standards are maintained and strives for continuous improvement of these.
- Secondary Education is required
- University degree (Bachelors or Master's) in ICT/Communication/Physics/Mathematics or similar subject is desired and may substitute for some of the required years of experience
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in the field of software development preferably using Microsoft technologies
- Experience in building object-oriented applications is required, preferably using domain-driven design (DDD)
- Good knowledge of Web API, Unit testing and/or Integration testing is an advantage
- Experience with integration between systems is an asset
- Understanding of software requirements and proactively gather feedback is desired
- Experience with SCRUM or Agile methods is preferred
- Good communication skills are necessary
- Experience with Machine Learning or Google Cloud Platform Products (AI, Data BigQuery, and Machine Learning) is an asset.
- Knowledge of the UN system and experience of working cross cultural and over practices is an asset
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of other UN language is an asset
- Integrity & Inclusion
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results Orientation
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective Communication
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA 7
Contract duration: Open-ended
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.