Jobs > Job detail
Position : OPIA Director
Publish on Nov 20, 2018 | Viewed 18,535
- Reference Id: Bkp_0003993
- Company: Asian Institute of Technology
- Position name: OPIA Director
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: Over 8 Yr(s)
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. Established in 1959, AIT is an autonomous, international postgraduate institution situated 42 km north of Bangkok. Faculty, researchers, staff and students come from around 45 countries and form a unique international community. Students are admitted to its three schools – Engineering and Technology; Environment, Resources and Development; and Management. AIT has graduated more than 20,000 alumni now taking up leadership positions in government, academia, businesses, and regional and international organizations/institutions in more than 100 countries around the world.Read more
AIT seeks qualified professionals who will provide the leadership required for the positions of Director of the Office of Procurement, Inventory and Assets (OPIA) and who are motivated to join a graduate education institution about to embark on a re-positioning of introducing innovation in education across the board. The Director shall report directly to the President.
The successful OPIA Director is responsible for:
• the procurement of goods, materials and services in a timely manner at a competitive price, of good quality and consistent with the needs of the Institute following established rules and regulations of AIT.
• Follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases.
• Ensure that all purchase transactions are done in a manner that is ethical, transparent, pays due regard to environmental issues and achieves values for money.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, finance, or related field and must have an accounting concept/background.
• Minimum of 8 years of previous work experience as procurement officer or related position
• Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
• Has basic knowledge of Thai Civil and commercial law.
• Proficient in the use of ERP systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management skills.
• Strong negotiation skills on commercial deals and competent with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, organizational, facilitation and coaching skills.
• Excellent judgment and oral/written communication skills in English and Thai are required.
AIT offers the salary that is regionally competitive, commensurate with academic merit and experience. Attractive fringe benefits are offered. Interested applicants are requested to please send (1) a letter of application, including curriculum vitae (detailing qualifications and experience) (2) a one-page professional statement describing goals and aspirations and how you fit for this position, and (3) names, affiliations, addresses, emails and telephone numbers of three referees. These should be submitted no later than 30 November 2018 through our online application system provided below:
For OPIA Director - http://www.hro.ait.ac.th/job/show/551
For more information, please visit our website at: http://www. ait.ac.th
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.