Jobs > Job detail
Position : Primary Teacher of Physical Education (Maternity Cover)
Publish on Oct 13, 2018 | Viewed 3,611
- Reference Id: Bkp_0003972
- Company: Shrewsbury International School - Bangkok
- Position name: Primary Teacher of Physical Education (Maternity Cover)
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Department: Physical Education
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: N/A
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
Shrewsbury International School, Riverside is one of South East Asia’s outstanding international schools, with enrolment of 1700 students from Early Years to Sixth Form, exceptional examination results and particular strengths in the creative arts, design and sport. The school itself enjoys a delightful and spectacular setting, right on the banks of the Chao Phraya River in the heart of Bangkok. The school is readily accessed by road and boats, which provide an easy and quick link to Bangkok’s Skytrain and the city centre. The link with Shrewsbury School UK (www.shrewsbury.org.uk) is taken very seriously and, year-on-year, develops into a world-class educational partnership.Read more
An excellent international package of benefits including:
- Excellent accommodation in Central Bangkok for singles and couples is available subject to availability at The Chatrium, adjacent to the school (www.chatrium.com) or for singles, couples and families at Bangkok Garden, only minutes from the school (www.bangkokgarden.com). The accommodation is provided free of charge, although a small tax deduction is made at source.
- Flights at the beginning and end of each contract;
- Relocation allowance at the beginning and end of employment;
- Medical insurance with Aetna (Thailand)
- Generous support for personal professional development
The Teacher of PE reports to the Junior Sports and Physical Education Coordinator, Ms. Amy Coad, and is expected to teach a timetable of up to 40 periods per 10 day cycle). The successful candidate must be competent to teach PE across the whole range of Primary Curriculum Activities and Sports. The PE department has a large Sports Excellence Programme, with our students competing in local and international competitions around South East Asia. An ability to coach and develop the sports offered (especially Swimming) in the school is essential and a commitment to the Sports Excellence Programme is expected. Performance Leader roles in specific sports would be made available to the right candidate, dependent on strengths.
Candidates should be willing to bring innovation, passion and a love of PE to an already inspired Department. The candidate’s work ethic must be exemplary. The candidate should also have a willingness to be a reflective practitioner who could further enhance the teaching and learning in the school.
Shrewsbury International School, Riverside is committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to
- attend in-house Child Safeguarding programmes
- promote and safeguard the welfare of all students in the school
- report to the Child Protection Officer any concerns they have for the welfare of a student. This may include unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in the school’s Speak Out (Whistleblowing) Policy.
- keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained
- seek advice from a Line Manager or Child Protection Officer with issues or concerns related to Child Safeguarding.
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) prior to the start of contract.
- Formal proof of identity with photo ID (Original Driving License / Passport).
- 2 signed, confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate’s current headteacher) before the start of contract.
- Verification of original qualifications.
How to Apply:
Applications will be only be accepted on the official Shrewsbury International School Application Form, which is available on the school website “Job Vacancies” page.
Full details of the school are available on our website at www.shrewsbury.ac.th.
Any queries should be forwarded to Sally Weston - Vice Principal - Head of Junior (EY1 - Y6) [email protected]