Jobs > Job detail
Position : National Communications Specialist
Publish on Jul 2, 2018 | Viewed 3,219
- Reference Id: Bkp_0003918
- Company: FAO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
- Position name: National Communications Specialist
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Contract
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: Over 2 Yr(s)
- Education: Doctoral degree
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
The Regional Office for RAP is responsible for leading FAO's response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO's priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO's strategic response to regional priorities. RAP also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization's Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAP develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food secuRead more
The post is located in the Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Disease (ECTAD) in the RAP office. ECTAD RAP is dedicated to working with the governments in the region in preventing and controlling emerging infectious and zoonotic diseases working closely with national stakeholders in the animal production and health sector.
The National Communications Specialist reports to the ECTAD Regional Manager in FAORAP.
Tasks and responsibilities
The incumbent will support the implementation of communication and advocacy related activities for the projects assigned by the ECTAD RAP management as follows:
- OSRO/RAS/402/USA “Immediate technical assistance to strengthen emergency preparedness for Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) (Regional Activities)”;
- OSRO/RAS/606/USA “Evidence based Risk Management along the Livestock Production and Market Chain”
Specific tasks and responsibilities include:
- Support the production of IEC (Information, Education, and Communication) materials;
- Support the development of key messages for risk communication and advocacy;
- Support the organisation of communication and awareness raising campaigns with the relevant stakeholders;
- In coordination and consultation with relevant ECTAD country teams, shape the key messages and IEC materials into the country context as and when needed;
- Facilitate the dissemination of relevant communication materials to the ECTAD country teams in a timely manner;
- Assist in formulation of questionnaires and surveys relevant to the project activities;
- Develop and design of various communication and advocacy materials, including but not limited to communication toolkits, infographics, brochures, leaflets, reports;
- Assist in the dissemination of information relevant to project activities implemented;
- Explore communication methodologies and technologies including KAP surveys, mobile applications and pertinent software to support the project implementation and enhanced visibility;
- Support the overall regional communications activities including other projects as and when needed;
- Undertake other related duties as required.
- Prepare and submit End of Assignment Report.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in Communications, Journalism, International Development or any related field;
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in communications and advocacy in a project or programme setting or in an international organisation;
• Excellent knowledge of English.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Please submit your application to:
Balazs.Simon@fao.org and MalakulNaAyudhaya@fao.org
The deadline to apply for this position is 30 June 2018.