Jobs > Job detail
Position : Accounts Officer
Publish on Mar 6, 2018 | Viewed 3,463
- Reference Id: Bkp_0003865
- Company: RECOFTC - The Center for People and Forests
- Position name: Accounts Officer
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: 3 - 5 Yr(s)
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
Application Deadline: Open until filled
RECOFTC – The Center for People and Forests holds a unique and important place in the world of forestry. It is the only international not‐for‐profit organization that specializes in capacity development for community forestry and devolved forest management. RECOFTC engages in strategic networks and effective partnerships with governments, nongovernment organizations, civil society, the private sector, local people, and research and educational institutes throughout the Asia‐Pacific region and beyond. With over 30 years of international experience and a dynamic approach to capacity development—involving research, analysis and synthesis; strategic communication; training and learning networks; and piloting and demonstrating—RECOFTC delivers innovative solutions for people and forests.
RECOFTC, with its headquarters in Bangkok Thailand and seven country program offices in Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam, is currently seeking an Account Officer who will be based in Bangkok. The contract period will be for 24 months with a possibility of extension.
The Accounts Officer will maintain and process accounting transactions in the SAP system according to RECOFTC policies and procedures and donor requirements. S/he will also support the external and internal audit process required for RECOFTC’s Bangkok headquarters, projects and offices in other countries.
The Accounts Officer will work under the direct supervision and guidance of the Finance Coordinator and will be part of the Corporate Services team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main tasks of the Accounts Officer will include but will not be limited to the following:
Treasury & Payments
- Process routine settlement for units and country offices;
- Review SAP batch list entries for journal voucher, payment voucher , and purchase order(check batch list against Vouchers before posting);
- Assist Finance Coordinator in checking and reviewing financial vouchers (payment/settlement/ received / petty cash voucher) processed by Account Assistants and other Account Officers when required;
- Perform monthly cash and fund reconciliation with bank balance for projects and RECOFTC;
- Perform bank reconciliation for both RECOFTC and project accounts;
- Prepare estimated Monthly Cash Flow;
Reporting & Management Information
- Prepare financial reports, and annual work plan budget for Finance & Accounting section;
- Assist Finance Coordinator in month‐end closing of accounts for both RECOFTC and its projects (review trial balance after month‐end posting to provide adjustments if any);
- Process month‐end closing of overhead or administration charges for projects;
- Assist Finance Coordinator in the process of internal audit for both headquarters and country offices, when required;
- Provide detail of accounting transactions to team members and other staff when requested;
- Coordinate with the Accounts & Administration Officers (AAO) and other staff in all countries regarding finance and accounting issues, and provide necessary support/solutions when required and;
- Update fixed assets in SAP system including annual fixed asset physical verification Depreciation and reconciliation including fixed asset for projects and offices in other countries;
- Perform physical check of Inventory (RECOFTC souvenirs) to verify inventory existence and make adjustment if required; and
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by the Finance Coordinator and Corporate Services Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Accounts Officer will have the following essential and desirable qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3‐5 years working experience in similar capacity, preferably in a non‐profit organization or audit firm
- Experience in working on SAP (current Accounting System) and ACCPAC (past accounting system)
- Ability to multitasking and meet deadlines
- MS Office Proficiency (Excel, Word, Power point, Access)
- English language proficiency
- Thai Nationality
- Confident and mature personality, with positive attitude
- Outgoing and service‐minded
- Experience of having worked in a multicultural environment
In addition to job specific skills and experience, the applicant should possess the following characteristics (including attitudes and skills):
- Interpersonal communication skills, individually and in‐groups, with an ability to work as anactive member of teams. This implies flexibility and open‐mindedness
- Initiative and ability to make informed independent judgments within an overall team approach
- Ability to work in a variety of cultural and institutional contexts.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV and a cover letter indicating why they are suitable for this position along with salary expectation and current contact details of three referees,including recent supervisors to HR@recoftc.org. Please quote the position title in the subject line of the email.
Only short‐listed candidates will be notified. RECOFTC has a competitive compensation package. However, offers shall be based on salary history, relevant experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
To learn more about RECOFTC, please visit our website www.recoftc.org
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. RECOFTC is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit.
*RECOFTC reserves the right to offer the position at a lower grade.