Jobs > Job detail
Position : Finance Assistant – Payroll (Multiple positions)
Publish on Jun 9, 2019 | Viewed 2,720
- Reference Id: Bkp_0004065
- Company: UNOPS
- Position name: Finance Assistant – Payroll (Multiple positions)
- Job location: Bangkok
- Non-Thais allowed: No
- Job type: Permanent
- Vacancy: Several positions
- Gender: Male or Female
- Age: non definite age
- Job level: Officer
- Experience: Over 3 Yr(s)
- Education: N/A
- Monthly salary range: Negotiable
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diveRead more
Vacancy code VA/2019/B0049/17900
Position title Finance Assistant – Payroll (Multiple positions)
Department/office SSC, BSSC, Bangkok Shared Service Centre
Duty station Bangkok, Thailand
Contract type Local ICA Support
Contract level LICA-3
Duration Open ended
Application period 09 May 2019 to 08 June 2019
Please apply directly through https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=17900
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
The UNOPS Bangkok Shared Service Centre (BSSC) is a Shared Services Centre (SSC) unit established for the purpose of providing internal, global, cost-effective transactional services which enhance the operational capacity of UNOPS and standardize systems and procedures. The BSSC, among other functions, carries out high-quality transactional services within the area of personnel contract administration, benefits & entitlements and payroll. To ensure increased cost-efficiency and consistency with UNOPS systems, BSSC is now expanding its services to include both Individual Contractor Agreement (ICAs) and UN staff members.
Under the direct supervision of the Payroll Manager and Payroll Accountant, the Finance Assistant ensures effective delivery of global payroll accounting, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The Finance Assistant provides technical expertise for the processing of payroll for UN Staff Members in line with UNOPS rules and regulations. The Finance Assistant promotes a client oriented approach in providing payroll services to UNOPS and its partners.
The Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with other offices to resolve complex accounting and payroll issues and ensure consistent service delivery. He/she works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations and project teams in the field offices and UNOPS HQ staff ensuring successful performance in payroll financial management.
Summary of Key Functions:
• Support in administrative and payroll related tasks
• Support in producing payroll reports and queries
• Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Support in administrative and payroll related tasks, including following responsibilities:
• Perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to Payroll
• Ensure that documents and supporting files are accurate, complete and properly filed for audit purposes
• Support to the day to day payroll transactions
• Create receipts and initiate payments in UNOPS ERP System
• Process payments relating to salaries in UNOPS ERP System
• Check that payment to Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) holder is in compliance with vendor profile and the terms and conditions of the ICA agreement
• Prepare all relevant supporting documentation for the Team Lead to review payment vouchers
• Interact with colleagues to exchange information on administrative issues and seek co-operation
• Maintain accurate records (hardcopy and online) of all project document for easy reference and retrieval
2. Support in producing various payroll reports and queries focusing on the following results:
• Accurate payroll data resulting in reduction of recoveries, advances and other exceptional payments
• Timely and accurate determination and processing of payments
• Audit checks and balances for due diligence and financial accountability within the Financial Rules and Regulations of UNOPS
• Maximize the use of technology to keep the client informed of their payroll elements and changes thereto
3. Support in facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects personnel on Payroll
• Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
UNOPS Core Values/Competencies
• Respect for Diversity
• Creativity and innovation
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Planning and Organizing
• Results orientation
• Communications skills
• Teamwork skills
• Client orientation
• Technological awareness
Knowledge Management and Learning
• Shares knowledge and experience
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
• Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks and duties related to payroll, accounting, collecting and preparation of documentation, data input, transactions tracking, filing, provision of information
• Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
• Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
• Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
• Knowledge of UNOPS Financial and HR rules and procedures
• Strong IT skills
Leadership and Self-Management
• Ability to adhere to work assignments and meet designated deadlines.
• Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
• Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
Education: Completion of secondary school or equivalent. A BA or MA degree may substitute required years of work experience.
Experience: 1.5 years of experience in supporting a payroll, accounting and/or HR administration.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in written and oral English. Knowledge of the second UN working language is desirable.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA 3
Contract duration: Open ended
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
• Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET).
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types.
• For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post.
• The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.